TEF-GEL™ PTY LTD – THE COMPANY
Tef-Gel™ Pty Ltd is a customer service driven company
- Our initial business was founded in 1998 and from small beginnings, we have now grown to supply:
- Department of Defence
- Mine maintenance
- Marine: Retailers, Wholesalers, Riggers & Manufacturers
- Aircraft industry
- Security Screen Manufacturers
- Electrical Engineering Companies
- Manufacturers across many industries
- Fishing Reel maintenance
- and many other industries across Australia and into an expanding export market
We are always happy to help if technical advice or information is required.
We have a number of retail outlets in all states of Australia and distributors both in Australia and overseas.
As part of our ongoing commitment to this incredible product we welcome all enquiries from businesses interested in stocking or using Tef-Gel™ both in Australia & overseas.
ABOUT TEF-GEL™ - THE PRODUCT
Tef-Gel™ is a specifically formulated Teflon® based gel & is one of the most unique and versatile products available!
- Water & UV Resistant
- Non Carcinogenic
- Not classed as a Marine Pollutant
- Safe, Non-toxic and Chemically stable
- NOT classed as a Dangerous Good
- Classed as an Environmentally responsible product
- No Known Expected Shelf Life
It is designed to prevent:
- CORROSION between dissimilar metals
- CORROSION of electrical connectors
- GALLING of stainless steel
- SEIZING of hardware in corrosive environments.
- BLISTERING of painted surfaces
It is non soluble, and when applied correctly to the surface of two dissimilar/ similar materials this creates a barrier. This barrier prevents water and air ingress to the two points.
Corrosion is created when electrolytes get between the two surfaces; it then starts to deteriorate those surfaces. By creating a barrier that prevents the water and air ingress you prevent the corrosion - hence Tef-Gel™'s success with this.
Once corrosion is eliminated from the situation it will not seize. For this reason Tef-Gel™ is an anti-seize compound - prevent corrosion and you prevent seizing!
Being made from a Teflon® base the lubricity of Tef-Gel™ also acts as an assembly lubricant and prevents galling. It doesn't lock assembled equipment into, it does not change its consistency or chemical structure regardless of environment, water or UV (it doesn't dry out and crack) this allows for easy disassembly when maintenance is required.
When hardware is correctly assembled with Tef-Gel™ corrosion cannot occur, disassembly is made easier and lubrication is also achieved.